So this post brings an end to my Food Series so I do hope at least one of you has enjoyed some aspect of it. I’m going to leave you with this cute dessert or snack that balances with the fruit and the chocolate.
30minutes preparation; 90minutes refrigeration; makes 12
300g chocolate, broken
Selection of blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries
Icing Sugar to dust
1) Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water.
2) Put plain paper cupcake cases in a 12–hole baking tray and full each one a quarter full with the melted chocolate.
3) Use a small pastry brush to paint the chocolate up the sides of the cases to the top. Try to create an even layer, and check that there are no weak, streaky areas.
4) Put the tray in the fridge and allow the chocolate to cool until hardened. If required, add another thin layer of chocolate and put it in the fridge again. When the chocolate has totally hardened, carefully peel off the paper cases leaving the chocolate cups.
5) Full the chocolate cups with a selection of your favourite berries, dust with icing sugar and serve!
* You can also add some cream to the bottom of the cup before adding your berries!