Today I wanted to share with you my favourite recipe for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies!
20minutes preparation; 17minutes cooking; makes about 8
250g plain flour
A pinch of bicarbonate of soda
A pinch of salt
170g melted butter
200g dark soft brown sugar
100g caster sugar
1Tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg till
300g chocolate, broken into small pieces (mixed*)
* mix of dark, milk and white
1) Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Line baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2) Sieve together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Put to one side.
3) Cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg till until light and creamy. Fold in the sieved ingredients until just mixed, then add the broken chocolate.
4) Flatten the cookie dough onto the prepared baking trays, using about 4 tablespoons of dough for each cookie, and leaving 8cm between them for spreading.
5) Bake for 15–17 minutes, or until the edges are lightly toasted.
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe. Let me know in the comments if you have tried them!